Child Nutrition      schoolgirl                      schoolgirl2                  

Director: Tammy Woodie, CDM, CFPP
Administrative Assistant: Holly Ricker
The Department of Child Nutrition Services for Avery County Schools strives to serve low cost, nutritious meals to our students every day. Applications for free and reduced meals are sent home with each child at the beginning of the school year. If you did not get an application or need assistance with the form, please contact your child's school.  




New Carb Count Menu in Menu Options
Link for teachers:
Link for parents:
New for parents a way to pay for lunches online:
school bus Link:    K12 Payment Center
Go online and make meal payments for your child, see what your child is eating each day and much more! 
Check out our link to the National Food Management Institute.  Video is posted on healthy cooking and eating for kids.  Cooks for Kids link is found in the contents of our child nutrition page.

“The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, gender (male or female), gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited basis will apply to all programs and/or employment activities).  


Under the Federal Child Nutrition Program and USDA policy, discrimination is prohibited under the basis of race, color, national origin, gender (male or female), age or disability. 


 If you wish to file a Civil Rights complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture,  Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at . Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339;  or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).  USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.” 

Last Modified on September 4, 2015