Avery County Schools will become a national model of education.
Avery County Schools, through supportive relationships with students, parents and community, will have every student graduate from high school globally prepared for life in the 21st Century.
Meet Our Superintendent
Dr. Bryan W. Taylor
Dr. Taylor, a native of Mount Airy, has a Bachelor of Science degree from High Point University, and both a Masters of Arts and Doctorate in Educational Leadership from Gardner-Webb University.
Dr. Taylor has over 25 years of experience in public education, having served as Principal, Director of Special Education, Director of Federal programs, Director of Student Services, Executive Director of Human Resources/Operations, and Assistant Superintendent in previous school districts. Dr. Taylor has served as Superintendent of Avery County Schools since March, 2018.
Our Core Beliefs
- Children are our greatest resource and the key to our global future.
- Learning is a life-long process.
- All students can learn and shall be provided equitable opportunities for a successful, relevant education.
- Individuals are unique and valuable and must be treated with dignity and respect.
- Everyone has the right to learn in a safe, nurturing environment
- Learning is a student-centered process that shall address individual needs.
- Education shall be responsive to changing cultural, community and global needs.
- High expectations result in learning for all.
- The educational process is a collaborative responsibility.
- Educators serve as role models by practicing professional ethics.
7:30am - 4:00pm Monday thru Friday
775 Cranberry Street
Newland, NC, 28657