Newland Elementary School
- Have a great summer! Remember to work on your Summer Bridge workbooks this summer! Students will return August 20.
- The Back to School Bash will be held this year on Saturday, Aug 11 from 10am-12noon at Avery High. School Supplies and beginning of year info will be available for all grade levels.
- Open House - August 16 - 4-6pm
- Avery County Schools are partnering with Western Youth Network to provide mentors and "lunch buddies" for some of our students. If you are interested in volunteering, know someone who might be or would like further info, please go to WYN's website. Thanks!
- ACS Feeding Program is going on this summer here in the Newland cafeteria. For more info, click here.
- Parents, please remember how important it is for your student to be on time each day! Students need to be in their home room by 7:50am each day. Thank you!
Our vision is that Newland Elementary would be a place where everyone is SOMEONE, where everyone learns to do their best, work with others, and be safe, fair and kind.
We continue to work on improving our vision to best serve our students.
Our mission is that Newland Elementary would strive to provide limitless opportunities to create lifelong learners and productive citizens. We will continue to evaluate our mission and be sure we are effective in completing it.
- Every child matters
- Every child should be and feel valued
- Every child can learn
- Every child should learn about character, compassion, perseverance and kindness in addition to academics
Please feel free to use the form below to contact us with any questions or comments. Thank you!